We only offer Workbooks and RPL for this qualification at the moment. We will be offering this qualification with the majority online very soon. Stay tuned.
This is a qualification for fire protection technicians responsible for non-trade installation and regular servicing of fire protection equipment and systems.
Fire protection technicians may specialise in activities relating to certain groups of equipment or systems, such as:
- inspecting and testing fire protection equipment in the field
- maintaining, testing and refilling extinguishers in the workshop
- inspecting, testing and maintaining pre-engineered fire-suppression systems
- inspecting and testing water-based fire-suppression systems
- inspecting, testing and maintaining gaseous fire-suppression systems
- inspecting, testing and maintaining passive fire and smoke containment products and systems
- inspecting and testing fire detection and warning systems
- recovering, reclaiming, filling and storing scheduled gaseous fire-extinguishing agents.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to fire protection inspection and testing in some states and territories. For further information, check with the relevant regulatory authority.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in:
- 13 units of competency
- 7 core units
- 6 elective units.